In the past few days, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence has heard from Americans across the country who are outraged by the shooting and determined to do everything they can to prevent the next tragedy.
Here are four steps you can take immediately to make a change and build a safer America:
- Sign up for the CSGV email list today by clicking here. Over the coming weeks, the U.S.Congress will be considering major legislation to strengthen our gun laws. We want to keep you updated with timely action alerts so you can play a role in making a change.
- Call President Obama today on the White House hotline at (202) 456-1111 and thank him for publicly calling for reforms to our gun laws. Tell him you appreciate his leadership on this issue and will support his initiatives.
- Contact your members of Congress at (202) 224-3121 and tell them you want to see the following three reforms enacted into law:
- Require universal background checks on every gun sale in America.
- Strengthen background checks, particularly in the area of mental health screening.
- Renew the Assault Weapons Ban.
- Support the work of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence with a donation if you can.