March 12, 2013
- an immediate “path” to citizenship without long waits or onerous fees;
- worker rights provisions, in particular ensuring worker protection in the context of an ineffective E-verify program;an immediate end to deportations and to the flawed Secure Communities (“S-COMM”) program which has eroded the community’s trust in law enforcement while facilitating the ongoing racial profiling of immigrants;
- inclusion of LGBTQ families/couples to allow U.S. citizens to sponsor their non-citizen partner;
- family unification provisions that end long waits and reunite families who are waiting for immigration paperwork; and
- family unity, because the temporary Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals splits families.